April 23rd City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 4/24/2018 8:01 am
Rating: 1 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held its second regular scheduled meeting of April on Monday, April 23rd, 2018, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Leonard Riley called the meeting to order at 6:00PM. The invocation was given by Councilmember Marquetta Madden and Councilmember Cassie Carlisle led the Pledge of Allegiance. All members were present.
Prior to official council business, a public hearing on the zoning of the Valley Industrial Park property was held.
The April 23rd financial audit report for the city was given as follows:
- Checking account previous balance.................. $6,086,950.99
- Total deposits all funds............................................ $706,735.39
- Total expenditures all funds.................................... $294,394.12
- Total on-hand all funds......................................... $6,499,292.26
During Citizens’ Communications
- Debbie McConnell addressed council on concerns with police department
During the Mayor’s Communication, the following occurred
- Councilmember Maddux read and presented a proclamation to Sam Bradford declaring the week of April 29th – May 5th as Hike/Bike/Run Week in the City of Valley
The following actions were taken by the city council at the April 23rd meeting:
- Approved the minutes from April 9th, 2018, council meeting
- Accepted the April 23rd financial audit report
- Approved unanimously the following resolution on the Consent Agenda
- Resolution 2018-067R awarding the following bids, which were the highest of 4 bids received, for 2 surplus Public Works Department Vehicle to:
- Ray Fuller - $1,761.28 for a 2004 F150 Pickup VIN# ending 59398
- James Locker - $1,100.00 for a 2004 F150 Pickup VIN# ending 59397
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-068R approving the offer of $2,000 to Bodie Caldwell for property along Moore’s Creek
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-069R approving a 10 year tax abatement for Scannell Properties #319, LLC for all state and local non-educational property taxes, all construction related transaction taxes, except those construction related transaction taxes levied for educational purposes or for capital improvements for education; and all mortgage and recording taxes as the same may apply to the fullest extent permitted by the State of Alabama 1992 Tax Incentive Reform Act
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-070R approving the purchase of a 2019 Freightliner M2 106 with Pac-Mac Loader for the Public Works Department through the National Joint Powers Alliance Cooperative Purchasing at a cost of $136,269.00
- Suspended the rules and passed unanimously on the first reading the following ordinances
- Ordinance 2018-07 zoning property in the Valley Industrial Park to M@
- Ordinance 2018-08 rezoning property at 404 Boulevard to C-1
- Ordinance 2018-08 rezoning property at 1080 and 1090 Mapp Road to R-4
- Heard the first reading of Ordinance 2018-10 prohibiting peddling in the City of Valley
Ryan Kallem, East Alabama Regional Planning & Development Commission Principal Planner updated council on the new City of Valley Comprehensive Plan.
The mayor made the following announcements:
- A work session will be held on April 19th at 6PM at Valley City Hall
- A ribbon cutting for the new Valley Senior Center at the Valley Community Center on May 9th at 11AM
- Council meetings for May would be the 7th and 14th due to Memorial Day
The council meeting adjourned at 7PM.