April 25th City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 4/26/2016 8:10 am
Rating: -1 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held its second meeting of April on Monday, April 25th, 2016, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Leonard Riley called the meeting to order at 6:00PM. The invocation was given by Councilmember Lana Wiggins and Councilmember Henry Cooper led the Pledge of Allegiance.
All members were present.
During the mayor’s communications, Councilmember Randall Maddux read a proclamation declaring the month of April as “Child Abuse Month” and the week of May 2nd – May7th as “Hike/Bike/Run Week in the City of Valley.
The April 25th financial audit report for the city was given as follows:
- Checking account previous balance.................. $4,451,646.76
- Total deposits all funds............................................ $206,890.72
- Total expenditures all funds.................................... $343,599.35
- Total on-hand all funds......................................... $4,320,774.19
The following actions were taken by the city council at the April 25th meeting:
- Approved the minutes from the April 11th, 2016, council meeting
- Accepted the April 25th financial audit report
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-059R authorizing Valley Mayor Riley to enter into agreement with G & K Services of Montgomery, Alabama, to provide uniforms for the Public Works Department
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-060R amending the Fiscal Year 2015/2016 budget by $6,000 plus expenses for Local Government Services, LLC to manage a cable service television franchise on behalf of the City
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-061R amending the Fiscal Year 2015/2016 Operating Budget of Valley EMS by $1,750 for contributions from AJIN ($1,250.00) and Wooshin ($500.00)
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-062R declaring a 2006 Recreation/Design Travel Trailer Vehicle received from FEMA and used by the Police Department as surplus and authorizing Valley Police Chief Tommy Weldon to sell the trailer in accordance with existing municipal policy and state law
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-063R accepting bids from Allen Sessums ($701 for a 2007 Crown Vic, $745 for a 2008 Crown Vic & $815 for a 2010 Crown Vic) and Scott Willingham ($600 for a 2010 Ford Crown Vic & $105 for a 2010 Crown Vic) for 5 surplus Ford Crown Victoria vehicles of the Valley Police Department, which had been previously declared as surplus
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-064R accepting the bid from Ray Edwards of $201 for various items seized by the Valley Police Department during a raid on an illegal gambling operation, the items were subsequently forfeited and had been previously declared as surplus
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-065R accepting bids from Langdale Motor Co. to provide a 2013 Ford Edge ($19,460) and 2013 Ford Edge ($18,740) to the Valley Police Department
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-066R awarding the bid for the City of Valley 2016 Road Re-Surfacing Phase II Project to Chris Clark Grading and Paving. The bid, which was the only bid received, was $610,443.50, detailed as follows:
- Boulevard $172,144.00
- Frazier Street 1 $17,380.00
- Jarrett Street $18,903.00
- Towel Avenue $123,530.00
- River Road $243,562.50
- Lanier Street $34,924.00
- TOTAL $610,443.50
- Suspended the rules and adopted unanimously on its first reading, Ordinance 16-07 transferring utility lines, acquired by the city from the purchase of the property for the future Industrial Park in Valley, to East Alabama Water, Sewer, and Fire Protection District
- Went into Executive Session at 6:34PM to discuss a personnel matter.
Council returned from Executive Session and, without any further action, adjourned at 6:46PM.