Aug 13th City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 8/14/2018 7:51 am
Rating: 1 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held its first regular scheduled meeting of August on Monday, August 13th, 2018, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Riley called the meeting to order at 6:00PM. All members were present. The invocation was given by Councilmember Cassie Carlisle and Councilmember Henry Cooper led the Pledge of Allegiance.
The August 13th financial audit report for the city was given as follows:
- Checking account previous balance.................. $4,857,561.30
- Total deposits all funds............................................ $933,483.14
- Total expenditures all funds.................................... $957,372.09
- Total on-hand all funds......................................... $4,833,672.35
The following actions were taken by the city council at the August 13th meeting:
- Approved the minutes from July 23rd, 2018, council meeting
- Accepted the August 13th financial audit report
- Approved unanimously the following resolutions on the Consent Agenda
- Resolution 18-115R authorizing Valley Chief of Police Tommy Weldon to enter into contract with the Chambers County Board of Education to provide 2 police offices to serve as School Resource Officers
- Resolution 18-116R declaring the old Senior Center house at 504 Combs Street and the parking lot across the street as surplus property allowing the property to be sold and authorizing Planning and Development Director Travis Carter to deliver the bill of sale to the purchaser
- Resolution 2018-117R amending the FY 2017/2018 Operating budget by $24,000 for the purchase of laptops for 8 patrol vehicles and 2 SRO vehicles, a grant of $24,000 was received from ADECA to pay for the laptops
- Resolution 2018-118R amending the FY 2017/2018 Operating budget by $702.50 for the purchase of various equipment for the Police Department, contributions from Alabama Power and Fred’s Auto Parts & Service totaling $702.50 offset the purchase of the equipment
- Resolution 2018-119R amending the FY 2017/2018 Valley Police Department budget by $4,817.57 for registration fees and donations for the 2018 Jr. Police Academy program sponsored by the City of Valley Police Department
- Resolution 2018-120R amending the FY 2017/2018 Operating Budget by $2,500 for Athletic Supplies & Maintenance, offset by $2,500 in Insurance Recoveries
- Resolution 2018-121R authorizing action to remove occupants from 1125 Foster Circle, which has previously been declared a public nuisance and authorized abatement of the nuisance
- Resolution 2018-122R declaring property at 2205 52nd Street a public nuisance and authorizing action to abate the nuisance
- Resolution 2018-123R declaring property at 234 S. 2nd Street a public nuisance and authorizing action to abate the nuisance
- Resolution 2018-124R declaring property at1255 California Road a public nuisance and authorizing action to abate the nuisance
- Resolution 2018-125R declaring property at113 Railroad Street a public nuisance and authorizing action to abate the nuisance
- Resolution 2018-126R declaring property at 2306 67th Street a public nuisance and authorizing action to abate the nuisance
- Resolution 2018-127R accepting the bid of $38,219 from Digital Ally of Lenexa, Kansas, for 8 In-car Video Camera Systems and 18 Body Cameras with all necessary licenses and accessories
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-128R authorizing the mayor to enter into a 3 year contract with ACOM of Columbus, Georgia to provide IT services to the City of Valley for $1,777.40 per month.
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-129R determining property at 412 LaFayette Street is in violation of Ordinance 2018-03 creating a nuisance by unsanitary and unsightly condition of the property open to public view and authorizing the abatement of the nuisance
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-130R authorizing Mayor Riley to seek bids on a 15-year, $6,000,000 bond issuance by the city
- Suspended the rules and passed unanimously on its first reading, Ordinance 2018-12 approving the sale of 1422 California Road to Tommy T. Rogers for $500
- Suspended the rules and passed unanimously on its first reading, Ordinance 2018-13 ratifying the sale of city property to Scannell Properties and Four Star Freightliner, Inc.
- Suspended the rules and passed unanimously on its first reading, Ordinance 2018-14 amending the city’s business license ordinance by raising the issuance fee for a business license to $12, effective January 1, 2019
- Suspended the rules and passed unanimously on its first reading, Ordinance 2018-15 approving the request by Chambers County Council For Neglected & Dependent Children & Youth, Inc. to have certain property annexed into the City of Valley
- Suspended the rules and passed unanimously on its first reading, Ordinance 2018-16 granting an electric franchise to Alabama Power Company, its successors and assigns in the City of Valley, Alabama
The mayor made the following announcements:
- The increase in the cost of a cemetery plot in Valley cemeteries would take affect October 1st
- Notary fees would now be $5 for nonresidents of Valley beginning October 1st
- The next city council meeting would be August 27th at 6PM
Council adjourned at 6:35PM.