August 8th City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 8/9/2016 1:15 pm
Rating: 1 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held its first meeting of August on Monday, August 8, 2016, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Leonard Riley called the meeting to order at 6:04PM. The invocation was given by Councilmember Randall Maddux and Councilmember Henry Cooper led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Councilmember Lana Wiggins was absent.
Prior to official council business, Mayor Riley opened a Public Hearing to confirm costs of demolition for 5508 16th Avenue, 408 Dena Drive, 1705 58th Street and 1044 Newton Lane.
The August 8th financial audit report for the city was given as follows:
- Checking account previous balance..................... $4,352,743.391
- Total deposits all funds............................................ $759,617.34
- Total expenditures all funds.................................... $515,580.31
- Total on-hand all funds............................................ $4,596,780.94
The following actions were taken by the city council at the August 8th meeting:
- Approved the minutes from the July 25th, 2016, council meeting
- Accepted the July 25th financial audit report
- Approved unanimously the following items in the Consent Agenda
- Resolution 16-093R authorizing a lien of $5,456.70 which covers the cost of abatement on property at 5508 16th Avenue
- Resolution 16-094R authorizing a lien of $3,499.31, which covers the cost of abatement on property at 408 Dena Drive
- Resolution 16-095R authorizing a lien of $7,724.19, which covers the cost of abatement on property at 1705 58th Street
- Resolution 16-096R authorizing a lien of $10,671.02, which covers the cost of abatement on property at 1044 Newton Lane
- Resolution 16-097R declaring property at 6412 21st Place to be a public nuisance and authorizing the abatement of the nuisance
- Resolution 16-098R declaring property at 6412 21st Place to be a public nuisance and authorizing the abatement of the nuisance
- Resolution 16-099R allowing public consumption of alcohol at a GVACC event to be held at King Ford in September
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-100R appointing election officials for the municipal election being held on August 23
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-101R giving Police Chief Tommy Weldon permission to sign a contract with the Chambers County BOE to provide 2 police officers as School Resource Officers
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-102R amending the Valley Police Department 2015/2016 budget by $4,785, money received in applications and donations for the Jr. Police Academy
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-103R amending the Valley Police Department 2015/2016 budget by $135.60, money received from the sale of items in the Police Department Evidence Room
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-104R amending the Valley Police Department 2015/2016 budget by $3,002, money received from the sale of a Police Department vehicle previously declared as surplus
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-105R authorizing the paving of Arch Avenue, Lafayette Street, and Myhand Street by Chris Clark Grading and Paving in the amount of $47,011
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-106R presented from the floor giving Mayor Riley authority to pave the streets that are on the City’s 50 ‘Worse Streets List’ and Bland Street at a cost not to exceed $50,000
Council adjourned at 6:32PM.