January 29th City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 1/31/2018 1:12 pm
Rating: 0 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held a special called meeting on Monday, January 29th, 2018, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Leonard Riley called the meeting to order at 6:00PM. The invocation was given by Councilmember Marquetta Madden and Councilmember Henry Cooper led the Pledge of Allegiance. All members were present except Councilmember Lana Wiggins who passed away on January 9.
A public hearing was held before official council business to discuss the selling of property in the Valley Industrial Park (VIP). Executive Director Valerie Gray spoke on the advantages of selling the property for the future development of the VIP. There were no other comments during the public hearing.
The following actions were taken by the city council at the January 29th meeting:
- Approved the minutes from the January 22nd, 2018, council meeting
- Approved unanimously the following resolution on the Consent Agenda
- Resolution 2018-030R permitting wine to be served at an event hosted by Morris Perryman on February 17th at the Valley Community Center
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-031R authorizing the correction of a typographical error in the monthly payment amount for Ordinance 2017-10 that issued a $6,115,000 General Obligation Warrant, Series 2017 purchased by CharterBank
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-032R authorizing the sale of property in the Valley Industrial Park to Scannell Properties #319, LLC
Mayor Riley announced a work session would be held immediately after the council adjourned to talk with the 3 applicants for the vacant District 5 council seat, previously held by Councilmember Wiggins.
The council meeting adjourned at 6:20 PM.