January 8 City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 1/9/2018 9:47 am
Rating: 0 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held its first regular scheduled meeting of January on Monday, January 8th, 2018, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Leonard Riley called the meeting to order at 6:00PM. The invocation was given by Councilmember Randall Maddux and Councilmember Marquetta Madden led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Councilmember Lana Wiggins was absent.
The January 8th financial audit report for the city was given as follows:
- Checking account previous balance.................. $5,359,147.76
- Total deposits all funds............................................ $711,968.26
- Total expenditures all funds.................................... $735,968.81
- Total on-hand all funds......................................... $5,335,147.21
During the Mayor’s Communication, the following occurred
- Mayor Riley called for a public hearing to be held at the January 22nd council meeting to confirm costs of demolition at the following properties:
- 203 Spring Street
- 1018 Hillsdale Road
- 5707 16th Avenue
- 1808 45th Street
- 51st Street
- Ashley Crane, Executive Director of the Greater Valley Area Chamber of Commerce (GVACC) gave a report on the GVACC activities for the past quarter
The following actions were taken by the city council at the January 8th meeting:
- Approved the minutes from the December 18th, 2017, council meeting
- Accepted the January 8th financial audit report
- Approved unanimously the following resolutions on the Consent Agenda
- Resolution 2018-001R authorizing a lien on property at 2201 58th Street
- Resolution 2018-002R authorizing a lien on property at 1516 55th Street
- Resolution 2018-003R authorizing a lien on property at 105 Williams Street
- Resolution 2018-004R authorizing a lien on property at 5201 20th Avenue
- Resolution 2018-005R authorizing a lien on property at 1810 45th Street
- Resolution 2018-006R authorizing a lien on property at 3307 21st Avenue
- Resolution 2018-007R declaring property at 2506 12th Avenue a public nuisance and authorizing the abatement of the nuisance
- Resolution 2018-008R authorizing action on public nuisance at 2506 12th Avenue
- Resolution 2018-009R amending the Valley Police Department FY 2017/2018 Operating Budget by $3,382.87 for Insurance Recoveries and Automotive Repair
- Resolution 2018-010R authorizing Public Works Director Patrick Bolt to seek bids for the city’s cemeteries and other city properties on a per property basis
- Resolution 2018-011R authorizing Parks & Recreation Director Laurie Blount to seek bids for fencing for the Bethlehem Church Cemetery
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-012R authorizing the mayor to enter into agreement with Jeff Hensley for grant writing services to apply for an Assistance to Firefighters Grant for Valley EMS
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-013R authorizing the mayor to enter into agreement with Angela C. Huguley for payment of a lien on property she owns
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-014R approving Restrictive Covenants for the Valley Industrial Park Property
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-015R approving an Incentives Package for John Soules Food, LLC locating a business in the City of Valley
- Suspended the rules and passed on its first reading Ordinance 2018-01 agreeing to sell property at 1901 55th Street and 5402 20th Avenue to Bob and Stacy Giles for $4,000
Mayor Riley announced a public hearing for February 12, at 6PM ET to vacate a portion of 57th Street.
The council meeting adjourned at 6:38 PM.