March 26th City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 3/30/2018 11:47 am
Rating: 0 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held its second regular scheduled meeting of March on Monday, March 26th, 2018, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Leonard Riley called the meeting to order at 6:00PM. The invocation was given by Councilmember Jim Jones and Councilmember Randall Maddux led the Pledge of Allegiance. All members were present.
The March 26th financial audit report for the city was given as follows:
- Checking account previous balance.................. $6,071,169.21
- Total deposits all funds............................................ $303,433.77
- Total expenditures all funds.................................... $284,769.77
- Total on-hand all funds......................................... $6,089,833.21
During the Mayor’s Communication, the following occurred
- Henry Jacobs & Hannah Bradford of Chattahoochee Riverkeeper spoke to council
- The mayor called for public hearings to be held at the April 9th council meeting for rezoning of 2 properties at Mapp Road and 404 Boulevard
The following actions were taken by the city council at the March 26th meeting:
- Approved the minutes from March 12th, 2018, council meeting
- Accepted the March 26th financial audit report
- Approved unanimously an alcohol license for Steak N Shake
- Approved unanimously the following resolutions on the Consent Agenda
- Resolution 2018-053R awarding grass-cutting contracts to Gerry Smith Lawn Service, Inc., Dixie Lawn Maintenance, and Meadows Lawn Care totaling $3,135 with an additional $900 per strawing for City Hall, Police Department, Langdale Fountain, Veterans Park, and Langdale Wood Bridge to Gerry Smith Lawn Service, Inc.
- Resolution 2018-054R declaring a 2006 Ford E350 Ambulance as surplus property and to be allowing it to be used as a trade in on the purchase of a 2017 ambulance from Southern Emergency Consultants, 157 CR 637, Roanoke, AL in accordance with existing municipal policy and state law and authorizing Valley EMS Director Scott Hamil to deliver the appropriate bill of sales transfer ownership
- Resolution 2018-055R revising an existing lease agreement with Point University
- Resolution 2018-056R authorizing Valley Police Chief Tommy Weldon to purchase 10 laptop computers and vehicle mounting equipment from Pinnacle NetworX in the amount of $27,831.50
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-057R amending the Restrictive Covenants for Valley Industrial Park
- Approved unanimously Resolution 2018-058R giving Mayor Riley authorization to enter into contract with Scannell Properties #319, LLC for development of property contracted to be sold to them in the Valley Industrial Park
The mayor made the following announcements:
- City hall will be close Monday, April 2nd for the Easter Holiday
- A work session will be held on April 19th at 6PM at Valley City Hall
Ryan Kallem, East Alabama Regional Planning & Development Commission Principal Planner updated the council on the City of Valley’s new Comprehensive Plan.
The council meeting adjourned at 6:40PM.