November 7th City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 11/29/2016 2:08 pm
Rating: 0 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held its first meeting of November on Monday, November 7, 2016, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Leonard Riley called the meeting to order at 6:00PM. The invocation was given by Councilmember Marquetta Madden and Councilmember Lana Wiggins led the Pledge of Allegiance.
All councilmembers were present.
Judge Calvin Milford swore in the mayor and each councilmember individually.
The following actions were taken by the city council at the November 7th meeting:
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-156R adopting a comprehensive set of rules of procedure to be used in conducing council meetings
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-157R authorizing the mayor to sign a contract retaining John Ben Jones III as the city’s attorney for the new 4 year-term of the elected mayor and council
- Approved unanimously Ordinance 16-13 setting the salary of City Clerk/Treasurer Kathy Snowden at $67,500 per year and the salary of Valley Police Chief Tommy Weldon at $73,000 per year
Mayor Riley made the following announcements
- Municipal offices of the city of Valley would be closed Friday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day
- The second council meeting in November would be Monday, November 28, at 6:00PM with the lighting of the city’s Christmas Tree and Lights following the meeting
- The first council meeting for December would be Monday, December 5 at 6:00PM
- The second council meeting for December would be Monday, December 12 at 6:00PM
- A reception would be held in the Conference Room immediately following the adjournment of the night’s council meeting
Council adjourned at 6:17PM.