October 10th City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 10/21/2019 8:14 am
Rating: 1 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held its first regular scheduled meeting of September on Thursday, October 10, 2019, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Riley called the meeting to order at 6:00PM. The invocation was given by Councilmember Henry Cooper and Councilmember Jimmy Gilson led the Pledge of Allegiance. All members were present.
The October 10th financial audit report for the city was given as follows:
- Checking account previous balance............................ $4,935,025.42
- Total deposits all funds...................................................... $633,787.39
- Total expenditures all funds.......................................... $1,022,278.43
- Total on-hand all funds.................................................... $3,546,534.38
The following actions were taken by the city council at the October 10th meeting:
- Approved the minutes from the September 23rd council meeting
- Accepted the October 10th financial audit report
- Passed unanimously the following items in the night’s Consent Agenda
- Resolution 2019-119R authorizing the mayor to enter into an agreement with A-COM Integrated Solutions of Columbus, GA to purchase computer and security equipment at a cost of $17,421.55
- Resolution 2019-120R authorizing the mayor to enter into an agreement with CHAMP SYSTEMS to upgrade the city’s Sage 100 Standard Payroll System software to the 2019 version at a cost of $9,500.00
- Resolution 2019-121R declaring a Severe Weather Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday in the City of Valley, Alabama, exempting “covered items” from municipal sales and use tax during the period, beginning at 12:01 a.m. on the last Friday in February 2020 (February 21, 2020) and ending at twelve midnight the following Sunday (February 23, 2020)
- Resolution 2019-122R awarding the bid to cut timber on the city’s Combs Tract property to Baseline Forest Service who bid $105,750, which was the highest of 5 bids received
- Resolution 2019-123R allowing alcohol to be served at a Family Reunion being held at the City’s Lakeview Property on November 1, 2019
- Resolution 2019-124R declaring property at 2967 55th Street a public nuisance and authorizing the abatement of the nuisance
- Resolution 2019-125R declaring property at 111 Hill Street a public nuisance and authorizing the abatement of the nuisance
- Passed unanimously Resolution 2019-126R affirming the commitment of the city’s $124,756.25 match for a 50/50 ADECA Land and Water Conservation Grant to develop a playground at the City of Valley’s parks
- Passed unanimously after its second reading Ordinance 2019-22 increasing the compensation for the mayor and council commencing after the 2020 municipal election
- Heard the first reading of Ordinance 2019-23 making it unlawful to fire or discharge a firearm within the city limits of the City of Valley, except under certain exemptions, and stating the penalty for violating the ordinance
- Heard the first reading of Ordinance 2019-24 amending the City Sign Ordinance so that political signs cannot be placed earlier than 60 days prior to the official election date.
- Heard the first reading of Ordinance 2019-25 amending the city Trash Disposal Ordinance so that a person owning or occupying property or working on the property can deposit, blow, sweep or deposit in any gutter, street or other public place within the City any litter, grass clippings, trash or debris. The owner or occupant of the property must also keep any sidewalk in front of the premises free of litter
- Passed unanimously on its first reading Ordinance 2019-26 accepting the offer of $2,000 by Patrick Bolt for surplus city property at 1018 Foster Circle
The mayor made the following announcement:
- The next Council Meeting will be Monday, October 28th at 6:00 pm at Valley City Hall
- A work session will be held Thursday, October 24th at 6:00pm at Valley City Hall
Council adjourned at 6:20 PM.