October 24th City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 10/25/2016 8:09 am
Rating: 0 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held its second meeting of October on Monday, October 24, 2016, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Leonard Riley called the meeting to order at 6:00PM. The invocation was given by Councilmember Randall Maddux and Councilmember Marquetta Madden led the Pledge of Allegiance.
All councilmembers were present.
Prior to the council meeting a public hearing on nuisance abatement on property at 2202 61st Street was held. No one spoke for or against the declaration of public nuisance.
The October 24th financial audit report for the city was given as follows:
- Checking account previous balance.................. $3,893,475.26
- Total deposits all funds............................................ $351,602.15
- Total expenditures all funds.................................... $258,684.08
- Total on-hand all funds......................................... $3,986,393.33
The following actions were taken by the city council at the October 24th meeting:
- Approved the minutes from the October 10th council meeting
- Accepted the October 24th financial audit report
- Approved unanimously the following items in the Consent Agenda
- Resolution 2016-146R imposing a lien on property at 2202 61st Street
- Resolution 2016-147R declaring property at 109 Elm Street as a public nuisance and authorizing the abatement of the nuisance
- Resolution 2016-148R declaring property at 2505 65th Street as a public nuisance and authorizing the abatement of the nuisance
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-149R approving a 2.5% Cost of Living Adjustment for City of Valley employees
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-150R approving the Fiscal Year 2016/2017 Budget for the City
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-151R authorizing Police Chief Tommy Weldon to enter into a 12 month agreement with LeadsOnline at a cost of $2,848
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-152R authorizing Police Chief Tommy Weldon to apply from FEMA for Hazard Mitigation Grant Project Funds for the construction of a “Community Safe Room” built adjacent to the Valley Community Center
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-153R authorizing Mayor Riley to engage the East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission for the creation of a new comprehensive plan for the City at a total cost not to exceed $41,600 to be paid in 3 yearly installments
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-154R authorizing Police Chief Tommy Weldon to seek bids for a replacement vehicle for a 2015 Ford Taurus that sustained extensive damage in a traffic accident
- Approved unanimously Resolution 16-155R agreeing to a rate increase of $1 per house per month for regular customers of Mr. Greenjeans Sanitation Services, negotiated down from a $1.06 increase proposed by Mr. Greenjeans, the increase will not affect senior citizens
- Suspended the rules and passed unanimously on its first reading Ordinance 16-12 rezoning property on Columbus Road and Mapp Road from R2 Medium Density Residential to R4 Medium Density Residential
Council went into Executive Session at 6:35PM and returned at 6:50PM.
Council adjourned at 6:51PM.