October 28th City Council MeetingUser: webmaster
Date: 10/29/2019 9:53 am
Rating: 2 Rate [ | ]
The Valley City Council held its second regular scheduled meeting of October on Monday, October 28, 2019, in the Council Chambers at Valley City Hall.
Mayor Riley called the meeting to order at 6:00PM. The invocation was given by Councilmember Jimmy Gilson and Councilmember Jim Clark led the Pledge of Allegiance. All members were present.
The October 28th financial audit report for the city was given as follows:
- Checking account previous balance............................ $3,546,534.38
- Total deposits all funds...................................................... $873,142.79
- Total expenditures all funds.............................................. $375,362.25
- Total on-hand all funds..................................................... $4,044,314.92
The following actions were taken by the city council at the October 28th meeting:
- Approved the minutes from the October 10th council meeting and from a special called meeting on October 24th
- Accepted the October 28th financial audit report
- Passed unanimously the following items in the night’s Consent Agenda
- Resolution 2019-128R authorizing Public Works Director Patrick Bolt to purchase a Woods BW 15.60 15’ Rotary Cutter from the Alabama State Bid List at a cost of $15,307.30
- Resolution 2019-129R approving the city’s match of $124,196.60 cash and $39,294.68 in in-kind contributions for an Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs Land and Water Conservation Fund Grant for developing playgrounds at City of Valley Parks
- Resolution 2019-130R awarding the bid of $1,880 per month for janitorial services at Valley City Hall and Valley Police Department to Billingslea Janitorial of West Point, Georgia, the bid was the only bid received
- Resolution 2019-131R awarding the 2019/2020 FY bid for Tree Cutting to J. Hodge Tree Service of Valley, Alabama, the bid of $12,150 was the lowest of 2 bids received
- Resolution 2019-132R declaring an Alamo 60” Boom Axe Attachment as surplus and allowing Public Works Director Bold to sell the item in accordance with existing municipal policy and state laws
- Passed unanimously, with Councilmember Maddux abstaining, Resolution 2019-133R awarding the city’s 2019/2020 FY printing bid to Yates Printing of Lanett, Alabama, the bid of $3,977.19 was the lowest of 2 bids received
- Passed unanimously Resolution 2019-134R authorizing Mayor Riley to enter into contract with ARS of Lanett, Alabama for replacing the roof on the Horace King Memorial Covered Bridge at an estimate cost of $7,800
- Passed unanimously Resolution 2019-135R accepting the request from John Soules Foods to extend the City of Valley, Chambers County Incentive Package Startup Threshold Date to July 1, 2021
- Passed unanimously Resolution 2019-136R, which was presented from the floor, amending Resolution 2019-125R giving the owner of property at 111 Hill Street 60 days to address the problems with the exterior of the property as per a plan prepared by the City’s Code Enforcement Officer
- Passed unanimously on the second reading, Ordinance 2019-23 making it unlawful to fire or discharge a firearm within the city limits of the City of Valley, except under certain exemptions, and stating the penalty for violating the ordinance
- Passed unanimously on the second reading, Ordinance 2019-24 amending the City Sign Ordinance so that political signs cannot be placed earlier than 60 days prior to the official election date.
- Passed unanimously on the second reading, Ordinance 2019-25 amending the city Trash Disposal Ordinance so that a person owning or occupying property or working on the property can deposit, blow, sweep or deposit in any gutter, street or other public place within the City any litter, grass clippings, trash or debris. The owner or occupant of the property must also keep any sidewalk in front of the premises free of litter
- Suspended the rules and passed unanimously on its first reading of Ordinance 2019-27 authorizing a bond issue of $5,000,000 with Auburn Bank
The mayor made the following announcement:
- The next Council Meeting will be Tuesday, November 12th at 6:00 pm at Valley City Hall
Council adjourned at 6:40 PM.