Law enforcement is the only occupation whose employees may be authorized to use deadly force in certain situations. Lives depend upon having well trained police officers that are emotionally and physically fit. Citizens want and expect a police force that is professional in every way. Having a good working relationship between police officers and citizens is important.
Valley has a professional police force comprised of 36 employees who are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of Valley citizens in the area of Law Enforcement and will serve each day to the best of their abilities and will treat all people with respect.
Citizen input in the form of compliments, comments, concerns, and criticisms are encouraged.
For information and reviews on Home Security Systems, click here.
Police Chief E-mail: Chief of Police Phone: (334) 756-5205
When Stopped by a Police Officer, Remember:
- Police Officers are trained to ask for identification. Providing your documentation will simplify and speed up the process.
- Traffic stops are a very important law enforcement function, which maintains safety throughout our community.
- Remain in your vehicle unless the officer advises otherwise. Keep your hands on the steering wheel so the officer can see them.
- If the stop occurs during darkness, please turn on your dome light so that the officer can see that all is in order.
- Bright spotlights are used for the safety of all persons involved. They are not meant to intimidate or embarass you.
- The officer may issue a ticket. If you feel the reason is unclear, ask for details. If you do not agree with the citation, please do not argue at the scene. All citizens have the right to question their citation before a judge.